Friday, May 29, 2009

A Message To Messrs. Craig & Jackman

----------------------------------------------
From: E. Myricks

Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 9:51 AM
To: dc007@yahoo.com; huge-ackman@netzero.net
Subject: Something To Think About

Hey guys:

Saw the news in
Playbill. Very exciting! While I'm sure this "Rain" thing is fantastic, and, obviously, selling tix won't be a problem, I can't help but feel there are OTHER plays out there that would be EVEN MORE effective at pulling in your target audience (i.e. The Ladies from NJ).

Attached, please find the following scripts for your consideration:

· Tender Are the Shirtless
· Hold My Hand While I'm Dying of Something
· The Vagina Whisperer
· Mancakes & Sausage
· Deux Chefs!

Take a gander and let me know what you think. I realize I'm not exactly a Broadway insider, but I think I know a little something about theatre ... my plays have been seen by tens of people in upwards of two cities (Boston AND Cambridge).

Best,


EM

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw Danny Devito and Nathan Lane in a preview of Tender Are the Shirtless. It wasn't as compelling as I expected.

Anonymous said...

While I agree I was briefly nauseated at the start of the play I found by the end the brilliant work of Mssrs. DeVito and Lane and the haunting words of Mssr. Myricks made me only slightly ill. Certainly no worse than Elaine Stritch in Jazzercize the Musical. Gosh what an awful season it has been here in Topeka.