Thursday, September 18, 2008

Chili's Waiter Disconcertingly Laid Back

While normally fans of casual dining, Craig Carpenter and Dina Andrade found waiter, Brian "Wags" Wagnall, "unnervingly relaxed" during their visit to Chili's on Wednesday night.

"I'm not looking for the royal treatment, but this guy took it a little too far in the other direction," said Carpenter. "Something about the way he kneeled next to the table when he took our drink order … it kind of got under my skin."

Apart from the signature kneeling, "Wags" is well known among Chili's clientele for calling male patrons "bra" and female patrons "milady."

"Sure, I found the way he talked sort of 'ick'," said Andrade. "Not writing my order down is what really set me off, though. I was giving him these really specific instructions about my margarita grilled chicken – I have allergy issues – and he just kept nodding and biting his bottom lip like, 'Yup ... got'cha ... cool ...' I just didn't trust that he was actually listening, you know?"

When contacted after his shift, Wagnall responded, "Hey, some folks dig the Wags vibe, others dig not. Can a rope be a stick? Don't think so, broham. Wags must roll the way Wags rolls."

Manager Janice Wohlers pledged to have a sit down with Wagnall when he comes in on Friday. "Part of the goal here at Chili's," said Wohlers, "is to make the customer feel cozy, not skeeved out."
1

No comments: