Sunday, September 14, 2008

What's Wrong with MY Screenplay for Ghostbusters 3?


It would seem I've been
passed over again. What gives, Hollywood? Is my Ghostbusters 3 script too real for you?

I guess I'm not surprised. After all, you've done this to me before. Surely you remember. February '85. Scant months after the first Ghostbusters conquered the nation. Years before the second installment hit the big screen. Perhaps you recall receiving a little handwritten manuscript by the name of Ghostbusters 2: Babybusters? Oh, I think you do.

Needless to say, I was a little perturbed to find just how closely your "original" screenplay hewed to my own. Like mine, yours featured a cute baby, Rick Moranis getting together with Annie Potts, and a major plot point involving the Statue of Liberty. True, in my script, the Statue has turned evil and Lady Liberty functions as a hideout for rude ghosts who negatively impact people's manners, but I've heard how things change during the development process. I don't see why this discrepancy should completely nullify my contribution.

You better believe I'm not making the same mistake twice. This time around, I'm letting the world know nice and early about my script for Ghostbusters Go Bananas, so when your film comes out, and the similarities start to pile up, Columbia/Tri Star won't have anyplace to hide. 

Be on the lookout, enemies of infringement ... if Peter, Ray, Egon, and Winston are invited to be visiting professors at a respected Central American university and wind up battling Mayan ghosts and an intolerant dean ... you can be certain whose intellect that particular property is the intellectual property of.

(Mine, is what I'm saying. My intellect. My property. Right here.)

Also, please note that the song, "Bust That Ghost (Save the Rainforest Remix)" - a perfect fit for a Heavy D or perhaps even Bell Biv DeVoe - has also been copyrighted.

So, don't try it Hollywood. Not this time. The eyes of the two or three people I force to read this blog are watching now.

You've been forewarned.

!

No comments: