Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Obama Sign Repurposed by Homeless Man

Francis Galvin, a homeless man who usually positions himself between the Dunkin Donuts and the Four Eyes near the train station, has begun using a slightly altered Barack Obama campaign sign in his daily panhandling activities.

In tearing away all but the word "CHANGE" Galvin has created an effective and stylish alternative to his previous signage, a weather-beaten rectangle of cardboard bearing the message, "HOMELESS CLEAN + SOBER".

Galvin claims he never intended to make a political statement with his new sign. "I'll read a newspaper when I can get my hands on one," says Galvin, "but I don't really follow politics. With this, I just saw 'CHANGE' and I was like, 'I can use that.'"


When asked who he supports in the upcoming election, Galvin replied, "Clapton, man. All the way."


An associate of Galvin's known only as Blue is considered a pioneer in the field of campaign-sign alteration thanks to his innovative 1996 work,"on the DOLE."

EM

No comments: